Redding returns to successful hunting ground
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding returns to successful hunting ground
[Image: scottreddinglemans1.jpg]

Round five of the 2014 World Championship sees Scott Redding return to Le Mans, the track at which he took his maiden victory in the Moto2™ category just 12 months ago – though of course this time he rides in MotoGP™.

Redding, who has collected championship points in three of the four races so far in his rookie season, is striving to re-establish himself as the fastest of the Honda RCV1000R riders this weekend in France.

The 21-year-old Briton was left frustrated after grip issues in the race at Jerez, although his confidence was boosted by a successful one-day test at the circuit following the Spanish Grand Prix.

However, the experience of racing at Jerez, which is narrower and tighter than the tracks he has tested and raced on previously this year, will stand him in good stead at the ‘stop-start’ Le Mans circuit.

“The target is to be the top production Honda rider, maybe at this circuit we can come closer to the front guys and if it rains who knows what can happen,” said Redding as he previewed the weekend’s action. “It has been a bit up and down this year for me, but that’s normal as a rookie as you try to understand everything. Jerez was more difficult for me but we found something on the Monday in the test which was really good, so I hope we can find the step forward at Le Mans.”

He added,

“Le Mans was where I won my first Moto2 race last year, so I’m happy to go back there. The track is narrow and tight, so it will take some time to adjust both the electronics on the bike and my riding style to suit, but I think we learned a lot that will help us with this during the Jerez race and the one day test afterwards.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
16-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Website Find Reply