Gav Hunt out of the TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Gav Hunt out of the TT
[Image: gavhuntpic.jpg]

Manx racer Gavin Hunt has opted to miss this year’s Isle of Man TT following his dad’s crash at the weekend.

Former TT rider Paul Hunt - ‘Big H’ as he is affectionately known - was seriously injured while carrying out official travelling marshal duties on Saturday evening after coming off a Yamaha R1 on the right-hand kink approaching 33rd Milestone at about the time the session was cancelled.

Big H was immediately transferred to Walton Hospital in Liverpool where he underwent an operation on Sunday afternoon and Gav, who made his TT debut last year, travelled over with his sister Carly.

Riding for the Northern Escalator Installations team, Gavin had been due to ride a Kawasaki ZX10 for the Superbike, Superstock and Senior, a Kawasaki ZX6 in the Supersport and an ER650 Kawasaki in the Supertwin.

Now, as expected, 28-year-old Gavin has decided not to compete in this year’s TT in order to aid his father’s recovery.

‘After a long hard think and chat with a couple of people, I’ve decided to knock the TT on the head for this year which has been a hard decision to come to I really really wanted to be out there.

‘But with everything that’s gone on with my old man, he needs all the focus.

‘I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has helped me out and get ready and I’m sorry it’s came to this.’

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
29-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Website Find Reply