Challenging Monster Supersport race at TT for Milwaukee Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Challenging Monster Supersport race at TT for Milwaukee Yamaha
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Following lengthy delays and inclement weather conditions, Milwaukee Yamaha suffered an indifferent day at the Isle of Man TT during the Monster Supersport Race One over four laps of the Mountain Circuit.

8-time TT winner Ian Hutchinson finished in eleventh after riding through a series of problems and Aussie Josh Brookes bravely rode on after a lengthy stop to repair a damaged footrest for a hard-fought and creditable TT finish.

Hutchinson said:

“We took a gamble and made a slight change to the suspension for today but ended up miles away and I can hardly walk having worked so hard physically changing direction on the bike. I had a bit of a moment during the race into Ballaspur which didn’t help my confidence, but we will re-group and come out fighting on Wednesday as we know the package – when everything is as we like it – is good enough for a top result.”

Brookes said:

“I thought all was going fine but my footrest pretty much broke on the second lap at Brandish. That’s the TT for you. When I heard there were damp patches under trees and wet on the Mountain before the start, I didn’t know what way to approach that first lap and that again is down to experience around here. When I heard that information, I just thought, ‘well what does that mean?’ As it puts fear in you not knowing what to expect before you head off. It’s another learning experience but we still have Wednesday’s Supersport race and Friday’s Senior to look forward to.”

Team Principal Shaun Muir concluded:

"It was a difficult race for Ian. That’s the challenge of the IOM TT though. Working as hard as the whole team is we struggled to give Ian a bike he was at home with and his race suffered as a result of that. Josh continued with his good progress and if it were not for a broken foot peg and gear lever he would have fought for an eighth place finish. We will regroup and make some small changes for Wednesday and come out fighting. We still look forward to four strong finishes to turn our fortunes round over the remainder of the week."

[Image: hutchyonstartline.jpg]
Hutchy on the start line.

Pic by Double Red
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014, 11:10 AM by Malcolm.)
03-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Website Find Reply