FOURTH PLACE ON FULL TT DEBUT FOR MAR-TRAIN RACING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FOURTH PLACE ON FULL TT DEBUT FOR MAR-TRAIN RACING
[Image: mar-trainlogo.jpg]

Mar-Train Racing’s full TT debut will be remembered for a fine fourth place, recorded by Bradford’s Dean Harrison in today’s Monster Supersport Race 1 at the 2014 Isle of Man TT. The Northern Ireland based team were the only Yamaha effort in the top ten.

Harrison was in the thick of the action from the opening lap of four; just over a second down on Michael Dunlop at the first check point, after nine miles of racing at Glen Helen on the Mar-Train Yamaha.

He maintained that position to the end of the second lap when he ‘dipped for fuel’ after a 125.541mph effort. A slow pit stop dropped him to sixth at Glen Helen on the penultimate lap of four. But the Bradford lad is made of sterner stuff and fought back admirably taking fourth place in his first TT race with Mar-Train Racing.

Dean said afterwards:

“I must have dropped a bit of time in the pits but apart from that the Mar-Train Yamaha was mint. It was a great run and I think we can go quicker on Wednesday. I rode within myself on those first couple of laps and while the other boys mentioned rain – it wasn’t enough to wet the circuit; just spits on my visor and screen. I’m pleased for the Mar-Train team as we beat some top lads out there today.”

Team Principal Tim Martin added:

“I’m really pleased for the whole team after our first TT effort ended in a top four. I have to give a special mention to Cliffy and Boost this TT fortnight. It was steady away and we did what was required to stay consistent and have been making small steps all through practice week and into today’s race.

“It really is all about consistency around this place, but I am over the moon with the result and I have to say it’s as satisfying as a win at British championship level. Dean admitted he was maybe a bit timid on the first couple of laps, but he kept it safe and brought it home. It would be nice to go one place higher on Wednesday but we will see what happens.”

[Image: deanharrisonmondayrace.jpg]

Race Result
Winner: Gary Johnson [Triumph] 1:12:43.035sec; 2nd – Bruce Anstey [Honda] +1.5sec; 3rd – Michael Dunlop [Honda] +10sec; 4th – Dean Harrison [Mar-Train Yamaha] +31sec; 5th – William Dunlop [Suzuki] +12sec; 6th – Guy Martin [Suzuki] +7sec.
Race Schedule

Wednesday 4th June

10:45 hrs TT Zero Challenge 1 lap
12:00 hrs TT Supersport Race 2 4 laps
14:30 hrs TT Sidecar Race 2 3 laps

03-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Website Find Reply