Quattro Plant Kawasaki TT Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Quattro Plant Kawasaki TT Report
[Image: quattroplantlogo.jpg]

Hillier takes Third TT Podium With Strong Runners Up Spot

James Hillier had an excellent conclusion to the 2014 Isle of Man TT Races with the Quattro Plant Muc-Off Kawasaki rider taking three top five finishes in the final three races, including a superb second place in Friday's Lightweight TT.

Defending the title he won 12 months ago, James and the team had suffered nothing but misfortune with the little 650cc Kawasaki since arriving on the island but it all came good on race day. Lapping comfortably quicker than what he'd managed all practice week, an opening lap of 116.916mph saw James slot into second place, ten seconds behind last year's runner-up Dean Harrison. Fellow Kawasaki rider Harrison was able to extend his lead on his way to his maiden TT win but a final lap of 118.909mph, the fastest lap of the race, ensured James stood on the Lightweight TT podium for the third successive year.

[Image: hillierreport2.jpg]

Later in the afternoon, James was back in action in the Senior event and it proved to be another highly competitive race. Despite posting two 129mph+ laps, James was back in seventh place as he came into the pits for the first time but with the team having the second quickest pit-stop, he moved up to fourth at half race distance. At the second pit-stop, the team were quicker than anyone but Bruce Anstey, who pipped James for third in the corresponding race twelve months ago was on a charge. There was nothing between the duo over the final two laps but James just lost out by 1.4s although fifth place was still an excellent way to end the week.

In James' other race of the week, Wednesday's second Supersport race, it was a similar outcome and with some strong lap speeds throughout, James took another fifth place and silver replica. Indeed, with six finishes from six races, including five top ten finishes and a podium, it was another excellent performance by James and maintained his position amongst the elite TT competitors.

James Hillier:

"I'm really pleased with how this year's TT has ended and whilst the first half of race week was frustrating, the second half couldn't have gone much better. Obviously, second place in the Lightweight was one place down on last year but after all the trouble we had with the bike during practice, I'd have quite happily taken second if someone had offered me it this morning! As soon as I left the line, I rode as hard as I could but Dean really deserved the win today. After Ivan (Lintin) retired on the opening lap, I encountered a lot of wildlife but apart from that, and a little bit of clutch slip, the race went really well.”

“I had no big dramas during the Senior but John (McGuinness) was going a lot quicker than in previous races and it took me a while to catch him although, at the same time, I was surprised that Michael (Dunlop) and Guy (Martin) took longer than I thought to catch me. It was great riding around with them and although Bruce did me again on the last lap, I'll take the result. We've finished every race again this week, which is huge testament to all the boys and the hard work they've put in so a huge thanks to everyone involved.”

Pete Extance, Team Owner:

“The boys have worked really hard all week and whilst we encountered a few challenges, I'm delighted with the outcome and the results. I was very pleased with the 600cc results and with the Lightweight bike causing us headaches all week, James put in a superb ride to finish second and give the team it's third podium on the bounce.”

“In the Superbike race, it was another classy, professional performance from James and with two great pit-stops, some of the fastest of the entire field, we were well in contention throughout. I feel James was a bit unlucky not to have finished fourth, being pipped by Bruce again, but once again it's been a great team effort that has seen us finish every race. The support from everyone involved with the team, especially Quattro and Muc-Off, has been fantastic and it's been a great end to TT2014.”

[Image: hillierreport1.jpg]

The team now revert back to the British Superbike Championship with Dan Linfoot and Howie Mainwaring in action at Snetterton on June 13-15.

Pictures by Pacemaker Press International

11-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Website Find Reply