Brookes: “I am focused on Shakey and trying to beat him”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes: “I am focused on Shakey and trying to beat him”
[Image: joshbrookesleadsshakey.jpg]

Josh Brookes returns to the MCE British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend (18/19/20 July) fired-up after his recent test spell in Japan and ready to take the fight to home hero Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

Brookes beat Byrne in the closest race finish of the season so far at Oulton Park in May and now the Australian is ready to repeat his winning performance on the Grand Prix circuit - where he took the triple race win last October, to score four of the last five wins on the 2.4-mile layout. The Milwaukee Yamaha rider admits that he needs to come back stronger in Kent after missing out on the podium twice at Knockhill, with a pair of fourth places, but is feeling revitalised after a recent test in Japan ahead of the Suzuka Eight Hour Race.

Brookes said:

"I know all of the tracks, but with each one I seem to anticipate the performance of the Yamaha, because different circuits suit different bikes. At Knockhill we weren't miles off but it just didn't work out and although two fourth places were points, we came away with no podium credits, so I left there unsatisfied. That was on my mind, but we want to get to Brands Hatch now and go for a couple of wins.

"It has been good for me to go to Suzuka for the test since Knockhill, although it is a completely different motorcycle and track. It resets your mind and I think I am coming back this weekend sharper and with fresh parameters having done the test and extra riding.

"This weekend I am focused on Shakey and trying to beat him. He is the one at the top of the standings and therefore he is the one we need to finish ahead of on track. My focus is to beat him in both races.

"Kiyo had a strong weekend at Knockhill but that seems to be one of his stronger tracks if you look at past seasons, so we will see what he has at Brands Hatch. I would like to think he can be up there, because as a rider you want to have some good battles on track. My team-mate Tommy (Bridewell) and also James (Ellison) can throw in some good races, but like I say, for me there is only one person I am focused on."

Weekend and camping tickets for the MCE British Superbike round at Brands Hatch on 18/19/20 July are available from just £51. Kids under 13 go free.
All three days take place on the famed Grand Prix circuit with a bustling programme of support races and two MCE BSB races on the Sunday.
To book tickets now visit http://www.brandshatch.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
15-07-2014, 11:56 AM
Website Find Reply