HIGH-SPEED THRUXTON NEXT UP FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA’S BROOKES AND BRIDEWELL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HIGH-SPEED THRUXTON NEXT UP FOR MILWAUKEE YAMAHA’S BROOKES AND BRIDEWELL
[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha’s Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell return to MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship action at Thruxton this weekend (1/2/3 August) for the sixth round of the season, following their top ten successes in last weekend’s Suzuka Eight Hour event.

Brookes returns to Thruxton determined to fire himself back into podium contention after missing out at the previous rounds of Knockhill and Brands Hatch. The Australian currently lies second in the overall standings but will be pushing to add to his podium credits tally ahead of the all-important Showdown later in the season. Thruxton marks the home round for Bridewell and the Devizes rider is hunting for home glory as he bids to add to his podium finish at Snetterton earlier in the season.

Brookes said:

“I am looking forward to Thruxton and now we have had the Suzuka event, which was the last one of my other races, it means now I just have BSB to focus on. I am hoping that we can have a good event at Thruxton and we can have better results than we have had in the past couple of races. We have had a good start to the season but I am not satisfied unless I am winning races. I think both myself and Tommy have both returned from Suzuka even more fired up to represent the team well in the Championship after doing the same at the race in Japan. I always enjoy Thruxton so there is a lot of positive energy and motivation to do well this weekend.”

Bridewell said:

“To be honest Thruxton has never been a good circuit for me in the past, but every time I go, I am really determined to make it a different story and I am approaching this weekend with a positive outlook. We want to have a good weekend and we have shown we have a good race pace, but we have just had a few issues in the last couple of races that affected us. In race two at Brands Hatch we beat our main competitors, the ones who are ahead of us in the standings, with a fourth place and so we need to keep that up.

“At Thruxton anything can happen because of the nature of the circuit so hopefully we are in a good position in the race to try and have a go because I want to get my head down and fight hard in the races. I want to come away from the weekend with two good results and the way I am feeling with the Yamaha that bodes well for a good weekend.”

29-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply