Byrne ready to spoil rivals’ Party in the Park this weekend
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Byrne ready to spoil rivals’ Party in the Park this weekend
[Image: shakeyleadsgroup.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne leads the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship contenders to Cadwell Park this August Bank Holiday weekend (23/24/25) determined to fire himself back onto the top step of the podium for the first time since Knockhill.

Byrne heads the standings with his place in the Showdown confirmed, but more importantly he leads the Podium Points table, an advantage he intends to extend in Lincolnshire. The Cadwell Park round marks the home event for Hull-based Rapid Solicitors and Byrne is bidding to end the reign at the top of his title rivals Josh Brookes and Ryuichi Kiyonari.

The Kent ace overcame a training injury at the previous round at Oulton Park, but in gritty style still claimed three podium finishes to hold his advantage over the closing pack.

Byrne said:

"The last round at Oulton Park was more difficult than anticipated due to a training injury. The team gave me a package good enough to win, but I suffered more there than many people will ever realise. However, three podiums at a track as physical as Oulton Park while injured, all things considered, was a good weekend.

"Looking ahead now though, I'm really looking forward to the upcoming races. We're working really hard as a team to improve our package as there has certainly been some big improvements from some of our competitors. I'm going to be trying as hard as ever to reward my guys' hard work with a good few more trips to the top of the podium - that's the plan anyway!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
20-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Website Find Reply