Front row reactions: Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Front row reactions: Cadwell Park
[Image: cadwellstartline2014.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne claimed his fifth pole position of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park, lapping under the existing record to hold off Ryuichi Kiyonari and Tommy Bridewell.

Byrne back on pole and ready to race

Byrne is bidding to end his run of seven races without a victory at Cadwell Park this weekend as he staked his claim with an impressive pole position lap to head off Kiyonari and a determined Tommy Bridewell.

Byrne said:

"I am devastated with my lap as my dash said 1m:25.9! I had +0.9 on my pit board and I knew the lap was by far faster than anything else I had done this weekend so I was happy. I had already been faster than the guys so I knew it was a good lap. All credit to the team as they worked hard and then I dug deep at the end and fortunately it worked out. The races are what are important so I am happy that we have got that one in and I am looking forward to two good races tomorrow."

Kiyonari content with second in qualifying

Kiyonari was pushing hard for the pole position but as the 'War for Four' continues at Cadwell Park; Byrne had the advantage in qualifying. Kiyonari however was feeling content with his race pace and is ready to battle for the two wins tomorrow.

Kiyonari said:

"Qualifying has never been my favourite session because I am always very nervous for Q1 and Q2 because I want to push hard and have a good result. I had a crash at Oulton Park last time in qualifying and I think that meant I was more nervous and I didn't want to do that again. I am happy with second position - Shakey's lap was very fast and I am not sure how he did it but I will do my best in the races tomorrow and hopefully that is enough to win again."

Bridewell claims first front row start of the season

Bridewell was the leading Milwaukee Yamaha rider in qualifying as he stormed to his first front row start of the season. The result was a turn-around for the team after a tough opening day but Bridewell is now confident that he can push for podium finishes tomorrow.

Bridewell said:

"It is fantastic for us to be on the front row. I have to thank all of my crew as we had a massive direction change this morning and it has worked wonders. If I am honest seeing the lap time difference yesterday I thought we would struggle to get near them but we have turned it around so that's all credit to the Milwaukee Yamaha team and the effort they have put in. Hopefully we can continue the same way tomorrow now in the races."

24-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Website Find Reply