Camier: ‘There’s nothing better than racing in front of home fans’
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Camier: ‘There’s nothing better than racing in front of home fans’
[Image: leoncamierM7.jpg]

Preparing for his third MotoGP™ race - this time on home territory at Silverstone – Drive M7 Aspar’s substitute rider Leon Camier is buzzing ahead of the Hertz British Grand Prix.

As he continues to stand in for Nicky Hayden, who is still recovering from wrist surgery, Camier impressed with his speed at Indianapolis despite a DNF in the race and then went on to score a point in 15th at Brno.

On his MotoGP experience thus far the British rider comments,

“I am really happy because we have made continual progress since I jumped on the bike and at Brno we managed to finish in the points. The aim this weekend is to work just as hard again and keep going in the same way. We had a very productive test at Brno that has helped us to close the gap to the top guys and gain a further understanding of the bike, which we need to keep moving forward. We also improved our race pace and that will be important this weekend.”

On his big weekend ahead he added,

“It’s a dream come true. There’s nothing better than racing in front of the home fans, at a home track. I like Silverstone as a circuit as well so this is another good thing for me. Hopefully I can understand a little bit more from the bike by then as well and, fingers crossed, I can have a good result. It’s always been a good track for me in the past. With WSBK I’ve been on the podium, I think nearly every year I’ve been there. So it’s been good. But it’s definitely not going to be easy.”

“Silverstone is fast, technical and with a lot of direction changes, which should suit me well. I know it will be another tough weekend though so it will be important to stay focused. If we get the right setting from the bike and I can adapt to the brakes and to the tyres quick enough, I think we can be quite strong.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
27-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Website Find Reply