Kiyonari wants wins - “nothing else!”- at Donington Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari wants wins - “nothing else!”- at Donington Park
[Image: kiyotrophyoulton.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari has vowed to come back stronger at Donington Park next weekend (5/6/7 September) for the Buildbase BMW team's home round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after missing out on a points-scoring finish at Cadwell Park.

The triple champion believes he is in a position to fight back even harder at Donington, the circuit where his team scored its first BMW pole position last season. The Japanese ace currently trails series leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne by 31 Podium Points and is ready to push at the final round before the Showdown to close the deficit.

At Cadwell, Kiyonari was forced to retire from the opening race, then crashed out of contention in the second race with a huge high-side. He said:

"Cadwell Park was disappointing for me and the team because it had been very positive in free practice and qualifying, although I thought I could have gone faster in Q3. My race pace was good because we had done some long runs during the first two days, so I knew I could fight with Shakey [Byrne], Josh [Brookes], and Tommy [Bridewell].

"On raceday the conditions were different and in warm-up it was changing, so that didn't help. I was pushing in the first race and then we had a technical problem. I was disappointed but then wanted to fight harder in the second race - I think maybe I got a bit excited! I dropped some places at the start and then I got them back, but then the crash came as a surprise as it [the track] wasn't much different from the lap before. I felt I had it under control but this wasn't the case and so that was hard to accept.

"I now look at Donington Park as a second home round - mine was Cadwell Park and now this weekend it is the team's local circuit. We have lots of positives from the last races and I think that some of this will transfer to next weekend. We are improving all the time and this should be a good track for me. I was a little bit sore at the start of the week, but now I want to get to Donington Park and be fighting for the wins again - nothing else!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Website Find Reply