ILR - East takes positives from Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ILR - East takes positives from Silverstone
[Image: loughernewlogo.jpg]

James East had his second outing for ILR Kawasaki, as Round 9 of the Pirelli National Superstock 1000 Championship took place on the world stage at the weekend as support to the British MotoGP round at Silverstone.

The weekend started solidly enough for James, finishing 18th quickest in Free Practice, but a very painful case of arm pump had surfaced which would ultimately persist throughout the weekend.

East then posted the 25th quickest time in first qualifying, and an improvement of almost a second in the next session was enough to move him up another three places to 22nd overall and a place on the eighth row of the grid.

After a terrible start in the race, James quickly settled down to lap at a respectable pace and come home in 19th place.

He now looks forward to re-joining the team for the final round at Brands Hatch in October.

[Image: jameseastatsilverstone.jpg]

ILR Kawasaki Team Manager Ian Lougher:

"It is good to work with such a young, talented, up and coming rider who is so appreciative of everything that the team do for him.
James has masses of potential that is just sitting there waiting to be realised, and I'm sure at the next round we will see that."

James East:

"I am obviously not satisfied with the 19th position we achieved at the weekend, but we have made good progress with the settings of the bike.
I can't thank the ILR KAWASAKI team enough for their help and guidance as it's been second to none, and I can't wait for Brands Hatch now."

Photo: James East in action at Silverstone.
© Jon Jessop Photography.
http://www.jonjessopphotography.co.uk

01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply