More practice time needed for MGP riders
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: More practice time needed for MGP riders
(28-12-2014, 07:51 PM)Nev14 Wrote: Eddy,
You rightly say that more time is needed for the newcomers to practice and familiarise themselves with the course, yet you say qualifying times should be used for starting order. I don't see the compatabilty between these statements.

Why ever not ! there are some riders with good bikes will achieve quite good times  and there will be ones that will never be up to the standard required to take part safely in the event as long as they have a ??? in the rear end , so on that basis in what order would you set them off in the only fair safe way , then as they become more capable they get up the start order , WTF is complicated or un compatible   about that , we are running a TIME TRIAL it is every rider's responsibility to ride to the best of their ability in their own comfort zone to achieve their own personal goals , and the officials and everyone connected with the running of the event must do their best to make that as fair and safe as it can be , in my opinion if we do it in any other way we end up giving an advantage to some and make life harder for others , sorry once more I say I may be the only one on here that defends the system or is prepared to stand up for it in public , but I did not start it I just see why it was done and agree with it , and as an added bonus it makes my program factually correct for the full two weeks instead of just race week , as a rider passes me I can look up his number and know who he or she is , with out trying to get rider changes as I am setting up or getting to where I am going , unpopular as it may be in my book the new way is fairer safer , the one person I think it makes life harder for are the togs that are out there on comision to get shots of a particular rider , and as they are trying to make money out of it then they are just going to have to work a bit harder , sorry Sticks but no one said work had to be easy , you have a big enough memory card in the box brownie just take more pictures of the riders in front or behind where you think he should be and you should with a bit of luck have what you want you can always delete the ones you did not want 

29-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: More practice time needed for MGP riders - by Steady the Edward - 29-12-2014, 12:28 AM