Shakey: Coming off a win definitely spurs you on for more
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey: Coming off a win definitely spurs you on for more
[Image: shakeyleadskiyo.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne is ready to carry his winning momentum to Silverstone this weekend (3/4/5 October) as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship leader bids to rebuild his narrow 12 point advantage over his chasing rivals.

Byrne saw his advantage take a hit at Assen just over a week ago when he crashed out of the opening race, but he battled back to take a race two victory from Ryuichi Kiyonari to win for the first time since Knockhill in June.

Byrne said:

"Assen was a bit of a mixed bag for us, but that said, I would rather it happened the way it did than the other way round and had to leave Assen with a crash. The win in race two meant the Rapid Solicitors Kawasaki team left there on a high and then after a quick turnaround I have spent some time in Spain with the family and training even harder so we are ready for Silverstone.

"Coming off a win definitely spurs you on for more - if that was even possible! It is great to see that the team's hard work all season long is paying off as we get to these final rounds. The improvements we have made paid dividends at Assen and now we hope that those will also suit Silverstone.

"Last year we had some really close races there and I would like to think that the circuit will do the same again this weekend. The races last year with Alex (Lowes) were some of the best I have had in my career and I am sure circuits like Silverstone and then Brands Hatch for the final round will produce some great races. Hopefully they will be great races for me as well as the fans and I can leave with a win or two this weekend to set us up ready for the final round."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
02-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Website Find Reply