Bridewell: This could be my best shot of overhauling Shakey and Kiyo
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bridewell: This could be my best shot of overhauling Shakey and Kiyo
[Image: tommybridewellongrid.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell believes that Silverstone could be the circuit where he adds to his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship race-winning tally this weekend (3/4/5 October) as he bids to halt the 'War for Four' titles between Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Ryuichi Kiyonari.

Bridewell scored his first MCE BSB race win at Cadwell Park in August and after returning to the podium last time out at Assen, the Milwaukee Yamaha rider is hungry for more this weekend. Bridewell's performance at Assen saw him take advantage of his team-mate Josh Brookes' misfortunes and he closed to within five points of the Australian, who currently holds third place in the overall standings.

Bridewell said:

"I am looking forward to Silverstone because last year it was the track where I scored my first double podium finish in BSB. I know where we went wrong last year in terms of missing out on the wins as we didn't have the pace to beat Alex (Lowes) and Shakey. We have made some really good steps this season and I feel that we are riding to 100 percent of our potential; we just need to keep pushing this weekend.

"I think Assen was a good benchmark and if we can keep that momentum then it should be good as we want to run it to Shakey and Kiyo this weekend. I want to establish myself as the next one up to be battling with them and I think potentially this could be my best shot of overhauling them for the wins. I want to be winning again so we will dig in and see what we can do on Sunday."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
02-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Website Find Reply