Alan Philips & Alan 'BUD' Jackson
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alan Philips & Alan 'BUD' Jackson
Alan Philips had an off at Jurby yesterday,
I heard he's in intensive care, but nothing
serious.

Alan 'Bud' Jackson I heard he's had an off at
Scarborough and received injuries to his neck.

Get Well Soon to you both
from Gail and David
23-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Alan Philips & Alan 'BUD' Jackson
Any more news on my old mate 'Flip' please let me know he was so looking forward to the Southern
23-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any news on how they are? Best wishes, get well soon.
23-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a reply to your questions on forum of Realroadracing.com regarding injuries sustained.
thanks,Stella.
23-06-2003, 10:16 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to hear about them both.I read about Alan's injuries but not Flip's.As we know Flip quite well,we hope he is ok.Please pass on our very best wishes to him.
23-06-2003, 11:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Alan Phillips & Alan 'BUD' Jackson
John Watterson's column in today's Manx Independent gives an update on the latest condition of Alan 'Flip' Phillips and Alan 'Bud' Jackson following their accidents last weekend at Jurby and Scarborough respectively.
Flip is under sedation and on a ventilator in the ITU Ward of Nobles Hospital. He has serious head injuries as a result of being hit by a following rider after a fall from his 350 Yamaha. He survived the crucial first 48 hours following the accident, and doctors are awaiting a reduction in the swelling on his brain before they can assess him further.
Bud has a broken vertebra in the top of his neck and minor hand and ankle injuries following his accident at Scarborough where he was 'torpedoed' from behind by another machine.Thankfully there is no danger of paralysis, but he is presently in a full upper body cast. It is understood that he has decided to retire from racing.
I'm sure I speak for all race fans in wishing them both full recoveries from their injuries.

26-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had no idea Flip's accident was so bad.Here's to him making a full recovery.I hope his good friend Stuart Noon is aware of this.Unfortunately I do not have his telephone number to check
26-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to wish a speedy recovery to both riders involved.
27-06-2003, 08:38 AM