Linfoot targets Milwaukee Yamaha duo for third at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Linfoot targets Milwaukee Yamaha duo for third at Brands Hatch
[Image: linfootleadsmilwaukee.jpg]

Dan Linfoot heads to Brands Hatch next weekend (17/18/19 October) for the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship targeting third place in the standings.

The Quattro Plant Kawasaki rider set his target of making the cut for the Showdown six at the start of his season, but as the final three races approach, he has another goal - beating Milwaukee Yamaha's Josh Brookes and Tommy Bridewell to make the top three in the standings. Brookes leads Bridewell ahead of the final round by a slender two points, with Linfoot a further four points adrift.

Linfoot has achieved his strongest season to date, leading a race at Thruxton before securing his first MCE BSB podium at Oulton Park, and is the only rider to have scored points in every race this year.

Linfoot said:

"I am looking forward to the three races next weekend, because in the worst case scenario we will end the season fifth in the championship, but we go to Brands Hatch knowing we can still get third if we beat the two Yamahas. The aim this season for myself and the team was always to get into the top six for the Showdown and now we are in a position to achieve more than we ever expected.

"We have to be realistic - we know we can't win the championship but we have had a strong season and we want to keep moving forward right until the very last race. We want to come out this weekend fighting for podiums and if we can do that in one or more of the races at Brands Hatch then that will be the cherry on the top of a great season for me and the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
13-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply