Yamaha unveil new YZF-R1 with Rossi in Milan ahead of 2015 MCE BSB debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha unveil new YZF-R1 with Rossi in Milan ahead of 2015 MCE BSB debut
[Image: 2014r1-1.jpg]

Yamaha have unveiled their much-anticipated 2015 YZF-R1 from Milan, Italy this evening as nine-time World Champion Valentino Rossi took the wraps off the new machine that the Milwaukee Yamaha team will line up with in the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Yamaha's 200bhp YZF-R1 was revealed on stage to the gathered media and will be campaigned by the Milwaukee Yamaha team as Josh Brookes bids for a first MCE BSB title victory in 2015.

MotoGP ace Rossi said:

"I need to firstly thank Yamaha for involving me with this import project to develop the new R1. I have enjoyed it a lot and the target was to make the R1 as much like my favourite bike - my M1. We have done a great job and the bike is fantastic.

"It is a great machine and we have been comparing the old model with the new one and the difference is huge. We tried to make this bike rider friendly with the riding position and we also tried to keep the agility of the M1 and bring that to the R1, but at the same time find a good feeling with the front end too and the brakes. The new R1 has a good power delivery when you open the throttle. The bike gives an unbelievable feeling when you ride it and she just wants to go faster!"

[Image: 2014r1-2.jpg]

04-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Website Find Reply