BRITISH GRAND PRIX
Anonymous
Unregistered

BRITISH GRAND PRIX
I see that they are expecting record crowds at the British GP and having visited the Dutch TT I have seen my first GP with the 4 stroke bikes.
I must admit that having been a bit wary of the whole thing I can say I was very impressed with the new generation of GP race machines. For the first time in many years the hair on the back of my neck stood up as I saw the bikes in full flight for the first time, they are so fast & the different noises is something else. The HONDA V5,
V4 DUCATIS especially sound & look brutal. The PROTON V5 had a very distinctive noise etc.Lets hope the weather keeps, I am looking forward to the British GP for the first time in many years.
Just a thought HONDA V5-TT 2004???
03-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BRITISH GRAND PRIX
Why would Honda go to all the expense of running a V5 Moto GP bike at the TT?
If it won, the response would be "Typical Honda overkill".If they lost, it would take them forever to live it down.
Anyhow, the publicity generated by a TT victory nowadays is slightly more than zilch, but not a lot.
There's lots of bad publicity, but precious little good.I'd love to see the bike parks at all the race tracks filled with Triumph Daytona 600s, as a result of this years Junior result, but I'm not going to hold my breath while I wait.
I love coming to the TT every year to experience the unique magic, but I've long since stopped thinking i was watching anything other than a clubbie event that only gets big publicity when someone dies.
03-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BRITISH GRAND PRIX
.....So shouldn't the projected "think tank" thing be taking this aspect into consideration instead of seeing how much money they can take out the the poor old T.T.?????

Minister of Fun, please note !!!
03-07-2003, 08:01 PM