Skerries
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skerries
A few snippets of information from this afternoon's racing at Skerries, courtesy of <A HREF="http://www.realroadracing.com">www.realroadracing.com</A>.

Local hero Martin Finnegan won the first Superbike race in great style, beating the lap record in the process. 2nd was double TT winner Adrian Archibald and 3rd was Richard Britton. The final race had to be abandoned following a big crash involving Archibald, but thankfully it seems he isn't badly hurt and walked to the ambulance.

There was more controversy involving Ryan Farquhar, as after winning the 600 race he reportedly declined to allow his bike to be dyno-tested and was therefore disqualified and withdrew from the rest of the meeting. Farquhar had earlier won the 250 race, and the 125 race was won by Marc Curtin.
05-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Skerries
robert dunlop was miles in front in the 125 till the bike went pop with 2 laps to go, his lad william was not that far behind him in third place. guy martin smashed the 250/400 support class record by 7 mph in his first race on a 2 stroke and looked very fast and stylish till his get off [uninjured] in a later race. i think the meeting was abandoned because of the roads having to open. great meeting though. ian lougher only came out on one bike, his 125, and broke down on the first lap.
ade!
06-07-2003, 11:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry Ade,

Ian Lougher actually highsided in front of me at Balydungan. He was fine, and took a look at a spectators video clip of the incident.
...However, a cracking days racing, just a pity that we saw little of Ryan Farquhar........
07-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes dave, i found that out after i put the message up. that guy martin is something else! we watched him from the front lawn of our b and b, after gillies leap and just before the corner he later fell off at. def a big star of the future. somehow this whole ryan farquhar thing leaves a bad taste in your mouth don't it? great 5 days we had though, roll on aberdare.
cheers, ade!
08-07-2003, 03:41 PM