TT Organiser
teeteemanxfan Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
TT Organiser
I was at the Bike show last week and heard that ACU are not involved with the TT next year, sumthing to do with the government doing a Tender?
02-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: TT Organiser
Refer to a previous posting in the Forums (Within this Category), further down the Listing:- 
http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...?tid=18280

Malcolm
smilie
02-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
It has been put out tender to run them next year, which given the timescale is another joke.
Puting something out to tender implies that a number of interested parties will put the best price and terms forward based on the requirments of the tender itself.
Normally the points system awarded to tender has many variables and is not always on the price which in some cases can only be 50% of the winning bid. Other things like experience, geographical location, resources, etc which can make up the other 50% ( these percentages can vary from tender to tender)
What is different with this tender is it is not like a construction tender where there is many construction companys that can bid, how many companys are there that can do this kind of work?
If you look at very recent events on the Isle Of Man when they decided to close the two main Post Offices in Douglas and Ramsey and put it out to 'Tender' they ( in there words) were 'forced' to take the only option they had as there was only one bidder!
I suspect that in this case you will find that there will either be only one bidder, or no bidder at all which will leave them free reign to make whatever decision they want to regarding the running of the TT and will have the, 'well we did put it out to tender' excuse for whatever happens in the future.
Time will tell!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 03:37 PM by c iom tt.)
02-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
The ACU who has run the TT up till now has there own very comprehensive motorsport insurance, who will now insure the TT event with its drawbacks? I don't think an outside insurance party will go near the event.
02-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Find Reply
studiosoft Offline

It wasn't broke so somebody just had to fix it, didn't they?

Either that or they have put out to tender the opportunity to fix this unbroken thing.

One thing is for sure, if politicians get involved, it will cost twice as much, the course route will be reversed and it will take place on the Isle of Wight.
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going as fast as I want.
02-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Being a government involved event every thing that has to be payed for has to go out to tender each time the contract is up for renewal, and I think you will find that that time has come round again for ACU Events LTD

And I think you will find that if you read the terms of reference for applicant's eligible to apply, ( suitabley qualified with previous experience ) you will find that it is as near a foregone conclusion as to who will be doing the job for the next, I think it was three years , as you are ever going to get
02-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(02-12-2014, 08:45 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Being a government involved event every thing that has to be payed for has to go out to tender each time the contract is up for renewal,  and I think you will find that that time has come round again for ACU Events LTD

And I think you will find that if you read the terms of reference for applicant's eligible to apply,  ( suitabley qualified with previous experience ) you will find that it is as near a foregone conclusion as to who will be doing the job for the next, I think it was three years  , as you are ever going to get
Yes, and if they know that they are the only ones that can run it, AND it is up for tender, then they can put in a tender price as high as they want....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 08:52 PM by c iom tt.)
02-12-2014, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
That's ok until Bernie Ecclestone reveal's he is in negotiation to take on the TT. And say if Ecclestone negotiates to be the highest bidder does that means it will happen,  FIA, FIM, the choice is theirs. Dangerous thing putting the TT out to tender.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 10:42 PM by spannerman.)
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Find Reply
teeteemanxfan Offline
Just Getting Started

I hope ACU Events do carry on. I've marshalled at the TT for a good few years and the last few years have been the best. A lot of that has to do with the new Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson, since he took over he's kept us Marshals informed of what is going on give us information on delays and kept roads open for as long as possible. He makes early decisions so everyone knows what they are doing something we never had with the man before him or when the Manx Club were running it. A lot of Marshals have said that if he doesn't take over the Manx they aren't going to bother going because they never know what's going on because nobody tells them.
03-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
I think you will find that it has been said some where that Gary is doing the Manx,

But for me there was a black mark against race control this year, not giving early notification of when the Subaru was going out, on the first race day. , first car to come round we were told over the tetra that a course car followed by 5 vip cars were leaving. The Grandstand by the time the course car had arrived at Ballacraine at had been changed to a Mr Higgins in a rally car ?? Then on Wednesday he did his run job done, but oh no 5 mins before he is setting off from the Creg we are told he is on his way for another attempt at the record??

Not good for people like me that do not want to take part in the Subaru stuff, but as I have said before it will not happen again, end of
04-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Find Reply