Donington Park launches Women Only Motorcycle Trackdays with Maria Costello MBE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Donington Park launches Women Only Motorcycle Trackdays with Maria Costello MBE
[Image: mariacfrontprofile.jpg]

Donington Park have reached an exclusive agreement with acclaimed female motorcycle racer Maria Costello MBE to host three Women Only Motorcycle Trackdays in 2015, on the full Grand Prix circuit, which will hold next year’s British rounds of the MotoGP™ and World Superbikes.

The days, run in conjunction with No Limits Trackdays, are for women riders of all abilities who want to improve their riding skills and gain more confidence on two wheels in a controlled environment under instruction, support and coaching from Maria and her team of expert instructors.

The first Donington Women Only Trackdays with Maria Costello will take place on May 5th, with two further days on 15th July and 14th October. Spaces are available on each day for £199, and all bikes will need to be silenced for ‘ride-by’ noise measurement at less than 98dba.

Lunch and access to advice and coaching from expert instructors is included in the day’s price.
Also within the new arrangement, Costello becomes an ‘ambassador’ for the circuit, and among other roles, will become Patron of the venue’s ‘Little Racers’ club for young fans, while Maria will also be making appearances at selected Donington race events.

Costello was the first woman to stand on the podium at the Isle of Man TT, and in 2004, became the fastest female to lap the course with an average speed of 114.73mph. She also became the fastest woman to ever lap the Ulster Grand Prix course in 2010 – the fastest road race in the world - and was inducted into the FIM’s Women in Motorcycling Commission (CFM) in 2013. Her services to motorcycling were recognised in 2009, when she was awarded the MBE at Buckingham Palace by Prince Charles.

Maria Costello MBE commented:

“I’m very pleased to be holding my Women Only Trackdays at Donington Park in 2015. It’s fantastic to be able to offer coaching on the same track that MotoGP and World Superbikes will race on. My aim is to see more women improve their riding skills by using the track as a controlled coaching environment. I’ve been overwhelmed by the response and feedback I received from all the women who attended my previous events, saying how much their confidence had improved riding on the road, and that some are now considering racing. I hope I can help more ladies feel more confident and empowered on two wheels in 2015!”

Donington Park Circuit Manager Bob Adams said:

“I’m delighted to welcome Maria Costello to Donington Park in 2015 with her Women Only Trackdays. We’ve been keen to work alongside Maria for a while now and with her following and the appeal of the Donington Park circuit, I’m very confident that Women Only Trackdays with Maria Costello will be a huge success at Donington Park.”

To book spaces on a Women Only Motorcycle Trackday with Maria Costello, please click HERE

19-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Donington Park launches Women Only Motorcycle Trackdays with Maria Costello MBE
I wonder what would happen if someone was to run a Men only trackday?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
20-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Find Reply