2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
RichW Offline
Old Skool Biker

Threads: 2
2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this....
Well as the weathers so pants and theres not a whole lot doing bike wise this time of year, i thought some of you might like to see my IOM TT  2014 Trip Report - I hope you enjoy, and i hope you can all make it out there this year!

Wed 28th May;

[Image: photo3_zps1d270613.jpg]

Typically late setting off - by an hour and quarter! Weather was pants, rain of all things, same as last year. I had no time to stop, so a race it was across the M62 to Liverpool, satnav playing silly buggers by sending me through the town centre instead of straight to the port to top it off! Before i'd even left the town where i live, i realised i haddnt packed my umbrella, and a short distance up the motorway i also realised i'd forgotten a "puck" for use under my sidestand on soft ground. Not the end of the world, and to be fair they were the only things i forgot, so it could have been alot worse.

Once i got to the boat the good news was that because i was so late there was no queuing and i simply rode straight on..

[Image: IMG_2805_zps9cfe84f8.jpg]

Wasnt long before we left the docks and started the two and half hour journey to the Island...

[Image: IMG_2806_zps4911d31b.png]

A pretty uneventful sailing and docking, it wasnt long before i was shacked up in my tent with a beer and chinese, day one drawing to an end...

[Image: IMG_2807_zpse1bc6963.jpg]

Thurs 29th May;

First full day on the island, and practise week, things being alot quieter than they would be in a weeks time.

[Image: DSC_0003_zps3992f546.jpg]

I took advantage if the quiet stalls and bagged a couple of t-shirts for myself, a fleece for our lass (didnt fancy my ear bending like last year for not bringing her one back) and also a umbrella. We all know if you buy an umbrella your not going to need it right? Wink

[Image: DSC_0004_zps43b1e5b3.jpg]

I had good walk around the paddock, the TT is brilliant for being able to get close to both the bikes and the people that make it happen. I hope this continues, as unfortunately there were a number of thefts this year from the paddock area, including an expensive mountain bike, a helmet, and a pair of superbike wheels - the latter from Karl Harris who sadly died during the Superstock race later during the week. Always lots to see....

Wilson Craig Machines..

[Image: DSC_0025_zps1d1ec97d.jpg]

BMW's...

[Image: DSC_0021_zpsf51ea004.jpg]
10-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by RichW - 10-01-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: 2014 Trip Report - Mermories are made of this.... - by Boltonswanderer - 19-01-2015, 11:39 PM