COSTELLO GETS BMW POWER WITH ICE VALLEY TEAM FOR STRONGEST SEASON EVER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
COSTELLO GETS BMW POWER WITH ICE VALLEY TEAM FOR STRONGEST SEASON EVER
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

Maria Costello is aiming for her best year ever in motorbike racing after landing a deal to ride one of the top bikes in the sport.

The former Isle of Man TT female record holder is being backed by BMW Motorrad UK to make 2015 a huge success as she targets the leading international road races on a new BMW S 1000 RR.

Costello, a regular fixture at the Northwest 200, Isle of Man and Ulster Grand Prix, says she is confident that this year will be 'huge' for her and her backers, and plans for a busy 2015 race schedule.

[Image: mariawithbmw1.jpg]

Lee Nicholls, Marketing & PR Manager for BMW Motorrad UK, said:

“We are delighted to be able to announce that Maria Costello will be riding a BMW S 1000 RR for the road racing season in 2015. We are committed to attracting more dynamic female riders to the brand and Maria is the perfect ambassador and inspiration for women in motorsports and motorcycling. She will inspire new riders and introduce them to BMW Motorrad, and in turn the BMW S 1000 RR will be a fantastic package for her to challenge at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.  We wish her the very best of luck in the coming season.”

Maria will also be joining forces with the well known ICE Valley team, who had the fastest newcomer at the TT in 2014.

ICE Valley, based in Manchester, have been competing consistently at the highest levels of racing for several years, having developed from consistently running at the front in the British Superbike Superstock domestic championships, to developing into a leading team on the major international road circuits.

Team owner and rider, Paul Shoesmith is keen to see Costello reach new goals on the roads.

“She’s had some rough deals and wrong machinery in the past. I’d like to see her get the female lap record back. She has the right bike now and a team to help her achieve that. We look forward to Maria being part of the team.”

The principal meetings that the team will attend are the NorthWest 200, the Isle of Man TT and the Ulster Grand Prix, all of which Costello has targeted for personal best times in 2015.

[Image: mariawithbmw2.jpg]

“I’m planning my best year yet.” enthused Costello.
“This year I’m in the best shape ever, I've got the latest BMW, new crew chief from CMB Motorsport and a great team ready to support my assault on the roads. I must be one of the luckiest women on this planet. Last year I was injured, so I’ve got unfinished business at the NorthWest 200 and the Isle of Man TT. I really can’t wait to test the BMW next week.”

Costello has backing from her local BMW dealership Wollaston, who handed over their venue for a photo-shoot with the S 1000 RR and top photographer Scott Chalmers.

Maria will be joining Wollaston BMW at their new season launch, in Northampton, on the 6th February, 7-10pm, and all are welcome.

2015 Sponsors: The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, Hol-Taj, BMW UK Ltd, Rock Oil, Kawasaki UK Ltd, Arai, Pirelli, NGK spark plugs, Wilbers/Vmtek Suspension, Jap4Performance, Radicool, EBC Brakes, GBRacing, Hideout Leathers, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL, iDP Moto Ltd, CMB Motorsport, Racebikebitz/Samco hoses, Daytona boots, Pipercross, APC Wet Paint Ltd, CPL Print, Christian Baker, Trilogy Gyms, Jack Fleckney – CrossFit East Northants, DnG, Sparkes Management Support, Bespoke Injury Management, Progrips, Promach, Skidmarx, The Joseph’s Experience, http://www.tonicwebworks.com, CHI Fire Solutions Ltd, Stomp Grip & SKINS.

Images by Scott Chalmers Photography.
04-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: COSTELLO GETS BMW POWER WITH ICE VALLEY TEAM FOR STRONGEST SEASON EVER
Good for her , well deserved can't wait to see how she gets on , going to be a lot of BMW s on the grid very interesting season coming up , BMW throwing every thing and the kitchen sink in the ring and MD lerking in the wings with a new bike all fired up to spoil their show ,
But fair play to Maria she deserves the chance to do well for she is a great ambassador for the sport and a nice lady to boot

04-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Find Reply
warrior Offline

Threads: 2
Agreed Stedward, Maria is a top lass, I wish her all the best.
04-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
Hillpiece Offline

Threads: 1
Yes good luck to Maria a lovely girl and I wonder if Jenny Tinmouth
will return to the Island now she has hooked up with Honda?
05-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
(05-02-2015, 11:34 AM)Hillpiece Wrote: Yes good luck to Maria a lovely girl and I wonder if Jenny Tinmouth
will return to the Island now she has hooked up with Honda?

Well on another thread Braden Oak said he emailed Jenny to ask if she was going to do the TT this year and in an answer to him she said she had no plans to do the TT but was looking forward to getting to grips with the Honda 

but I would say never say never , Honda may just like the idea of putting Jenny up against Maria for fastest women , would certainly add another twist to an already spicey looking TT , I think on paper probably the juiciest looking line up for a long time , with more twists and turns than ???? 

05-02-2015, 05:18 PM
Find Reply
alanw Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Great news good luck Maria well deserved.
05-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
What a great start to the year for both ladies! The fact that they have been taken on by such big teams is a real credit to their determination and abilities.
Wishing them both the best of luck.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

05-02-2015, 06:11 PM
Find Reply
BlueFJR Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Best of luck Maria and any other lady racer either on solo or sidecar.
17-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Find Reply