True Heroes Racing confirms expansion for 2015 Season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
True Heroes Racing confirms expansion for 2015 Season
[Image: trueherosteam.jpg]

True Heroes Racing, the unique injured serviceman's race team, will compete in the Ducati TriOptions Cup in 2015 after taking delivery of a brand new Ducati 899 Panigales, for double amputee Murray Hambro and severely deaf Luke Smith. The pair will also be joined this season by recently retired soldier Dave Mackay.

The team, which previously contested the Triumph Triple Challenge, was recently publicly nominated for The Sun Military Awards.

Hambro said:

"I'm really looking forward to my third season in BSB and am particularly excited by the new challenges the Ducati TriOptions Cup will bring.  It's great to again see the team grow and recruit new members.  After hitting some big milestones last year, I am looking forward to reaching more this year and also hope my achievements with True Heroes Racing will continue to inspire others."

Smith added:

"I'm delighted to be able to continue to be a part of True Heroes Racing. I still can't believe Phil [Spencer, Team Owner] offered me the opportunity to compete at the BSB last year, let alone for a second season, it's really helped me gain a strong focus as I adjust to life with my injuries outside the Army."

Mackay said:

"I'm really pleased to become a part of True Heroes Racing.  Being able to assist them to grow and offer more opportunities for injured Service personnel to be involved in BSB is great.  Having recently left the Army, after a full career, I know how important it is for people with a military background to feel part of something and that's exactly what this team achieves.  I'm really looking forward to the challenge of stepping up to BSB level racing, having competed successfully for the last couple of years at the North Gloucester Road Racing Club."

Tim Maccabee, Managing Director of Ducati UK, said:

"We're excited to welcome True Heroes Racing to the Ducati TriOptions Cup for 2015.  The series goes from strength to strength and the True Heroes Racing team adds another dimension.  I like what they have been doing in recent years and am really pleased to be able to offer some direct support now. This team are really inspirational and their achievements certainly warrant our support this season and beyond."

Phil Spencer added:

"The opportunity, for the third consecutive season, to expand True Heroes Racing and increase the number of injured Service personnel directly involved in BSB is brilliant.  We are extremely grateful to all our sponsors for their generous support, enabling us to achieve this.  As awareness of True Heroes Racing grows, so does our fan base, who I believe were instrumental in our recent "Millie" award nomination. Hopefully we will continue to grow and offer more opportunities for injured Service personnel, but also continue to inspire others to believe anything is possible."  

You can catch the distinctive orange and black of the True Heroes Racing team on the Ducati UK stand at the MCN London Motorcycle Show in February.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
25-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Website Find Reply