Sam Wilson gets huge boost from backing of Joey's Bar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sam Wilson gets huge boost from backing of Joey's Bar
[Image: joeysbarbike.jpg]
Dream machine: The motorcycle was part-funded by Joey's Bar Supporters' Club

Joey's Bar, owned and run by the late great Joey Dunlop's family in his hometown of Ballymoney, have set up their own team for 2015, complete with an instantly recognisable livery that will no doubt grab the attention of road racing fans, both young and old.

Joey's Bar will support leading two-stroke racer Sam Wilson on 125cc and 250cc Honda two-stroke machinery this season. And the bikes, which have been built by Joey's son Gary, himself a former racer, will make their pure road racing debut at the KDM Cookstown 100 on April 24/25.

The effort will be part funded by the Joey's Bar Supporters' Club and the bikes will don the yellow livery made famous by Joey and his distinctive Arai helmet design.

Speaking of the project, Gary explained:

"Our small club, Joey's Bar, has been going for the past three years. We have been supporting some local riders and last year, we put up a cup and a cash prize at the Armoy Road Races."

On the decision to provide Wilson with two bikes, Gary added:

"I've been building the 125 over the past few years, but it was William (Dunlop) who really pushed me into getting the bike on track, and to try and keep the two-stroke bikes on the grid.

"As I had a 250 project in the pipeline as well, it didn't take long for us to put an agreement in place with Sam, and we have been flat out ever since."

Gary was keen to thank the general public, who made donations through PayPal, and the additional sponsors of the Joey's Bar two-stroke project.

"It's going to be great to be back involved in bikes," he enthused.

"I'm really looking forward to it with a small team, where we can enjoy the craic just the way my dad did."

Wilson will also contest both the 600cc and Supertwins races at the 2015 KDM Cookstown 100 on April 24/25.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
Paul Lindsay
26-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Website Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Sam Wilson gets huge boost from backing of Joey's Bar
Nice touch from all involved,
Cracking paint job as well !
Simple but easy to remember, who its based around,
26-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Find Reply