Well done Shaky---But................
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well done Shaky---But................
Put me right----Has Neil Hodgson had his chance to win the WSBK postponed because a "Wild Card" rider who knows Brands Hatch like the back of his hand, has, in winning both legs of the race, snatched the points Neil could have had ??

Wild cards were meant to be fillers of half empty programme lists, not to win races--------or am I being old-fashioned..?????

Has WSBK a future I ask myself----One horse racing innit !!!!!--However it does show the rider more than the machine perhaps..........

Come back Steve Hislop and show them ALL home !!
27-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Well done Shaky---But................
Ok Ian nice one this is! If Hodgson wants to justify his wages then surely he will have to deal with wild card entrants at any circuit! Remember a few years back when he himself put a halt on the progress of another WSB regular by winning! And if you want to put it like that! Then i believe it shows how much a joke the series really is! how many rounds left to go? it just spoils the entertainment factor! I am not even about to go into the fact he is on the best bike etc etc! But come on where was he last year? Playing second fiddle to Bayliss/Edwards et al! He is just best of the rest!
I know this may sound bad but i am glad the BSB regulars showed them up! It just goes to show the QUALITY of the Full Time runners! And where does it go from here? Who knows! I know everyone will not agree with what i have said but bear in mind mind this is only my opinion!
Great ride Shakey, Reynolds!

Regards John Leech
27-07-2003, 04:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

AGREED !!!!!!!!

What is sport all about these days !!
Any sport left ????
27-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian what a sight that would have been! A 40 odd year old man beating them all! I suppose Reynolds is getting there 38! Hislop for sure would have shown them the way! I dont care what anyone thinks! What was your thoughts on Emmett, Do you think he didnt really see the flag for the Stop/Go? But on the good side of it ETI were on the telly for a few minutes! Regards John
27-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

the results today pose a couple of questions:
is the depth of quality in bsb that good, or is the depth of quality in wsb that bad?
after watching intently, to me, there only seemed to be 2 wsb riders that were hungry and going for it, that was chris walker and ruben xaus. the rest just never seemed interested. ???
ade!
27-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damm Ade, got to agree with you there mate!!Personally I thought Hodgson was rubbish, he is alright out on his own, but does not like riding in a pack. Other champs like Foggy, Edwards and Bayliss would have been up there battling banging fairings, but lets be honest he's not in the same class. Ever since others have got there bikes going better he has got beat fair and square not a champions performance. Very over rated and always has been, luckily for him the bike has just been superior early on. Well done Shakey !! A FUTURE CHAMP
28-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

....Which brings us back to wild cards !!

There seemed to be rather a lot of them for such an event..

Does this mean that in WSBK "foreign" riders won't travel ??

The racing was almost F1 car standard except for the two riders mentioned..and all Ducatis !!
Where are OTHER manufacturers to contest this once-important series ??

My dictionary says "DEBACLE" ............

28-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kind of glad we didn't go---especially with all those B****y air horns,or are they Foggy! horns.B****y row
28-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's at least 3 times we've agreed on something mr dickinson - this has got to stop!!! incidently, yes i am going to the gold cup meeting. give me a mail nearer the time and we'll arrange another meet,
cheers, ade!
28-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

28-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Well done Shaky---Air Horns...
Honestly Hilary, I cannot stand those rotten things. I had to turn down the sound whilst listening to previous UK meetings. But the sounds of these air horns at speedway meetings is even worse. When we conducted the speedway GP at Sydney we banned them. Even the riders wear ear plugs when standing on the infield over there.
28-07-2003, 11:01 PM