Honda Racing trio positive with day two progress at Monteblanco
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda Racing trio positive with day two progress at Monteblanco
[Image: hondabsbtest2.jpg]

The Honda Racing team continued their pre-season testing programme at Monteblanco in Spain today with Dan Linfoot, Jason O'Halloran and Jenny Tinmouth focusing on longer race runs during the second day.

Linfoot and O'Halloran completed two race test runs each, improving on their times and consistency from the data collected in January, while Tinmouth continued to get used to the circuit and riding the Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.

The team now have a day off tomorrow (Wednesday) before returning to the circuit for further testing on Thursday.

Linfoot said:

"It's been a really productive day - we've done two race simulations this afternoon, one with a hard tyre and the other with a soft and found a good consistency throughout the run. We've worked on the engine breaking strategy to confirm what we did yesterday was a positive and found a better feeling with the front forks. Today has been about consistency, we've not focused too much on lap times just consistency and getting it right."

Tinmouth said:

"It was really good again today; I did about 84 laps in total. I'm getting used to the bike now and starting to change a few of my bad habits from my old bike - getting some different lines and braking points and really getting to grips with those. We haven't really changed much of the bikes set-up today, we have focused on me and making changes there and have gone quite a bit faster than yesterday so I am chuffed to bits."

O'Halloran said:

"Day two of testing went well, we've been working on corner entry and exits and I think we've found some pretty positive things. This afternoon we managed to do four full-race runs, which was positive and have found some good things to work on for Thursday when we're on track next."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
11-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply