Milwaukee Yamaha’s Brookes and Parkes complete positive Yamaha Official Teams Test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Milwaukee Yamaha’s Brookes and Parkes complete positive Yamaha Official Teams Test
[Image: milwaukeetesting2.jpg]

Milwaukee Yamaha have completed their opening shakedown test of the 2015 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season at Yamaha Motor Europe's first ever Official Race Teams combined test at Alcarras in Spain.

Brookes and Parkes made their on track debut with the new bike alongside more than 20 fully-race prepared next generation YZF-R1s for the first shakedown. The test also featured Yamaha teams from the Endurance World Championship, IDM German Superbike and European Superstock 1000 series, providing a unique opportunity for Yamaha Motor Europe's Racing Division to capture valuable data to further develop the YZF-R1.

Brookes said:

"I felt a bit rusty on the first day on track after the winter off, but we soon sorted that out with the more time I had on the bike. The third day on the bike was where we had a key turning point and we started to see a real good direction. We made more progress today after the first two days of just seeing what worked because of it being a new bike. Everyone in the team has been getting on really well and the bike has been faultless in terms of we have had no mechanical issues throughout the test. We have ended this test today in a good position, knowing we still have more to do, but feeling positive."

Parkes said:

"We are very impressed with the bike. Considering we only started testing the bike two days ago and on the second day we had already improved. We didn't expect the bike to be so good as it is so quickly and we are very happy where we are. The bike has a really nice and easy power-curve. It's easy to ride and smooth with the power. It's my first year in the British Superbikes so I have to learn quite a few tracks. I want to be in the top six to be in the Showdown and then we'll see what happens."

Team manager Mick Shanley commented:

"From my perspective we have finished this test and I am really happy with the initial results. To come here with the bikes that hadn't turned a wheel and to have no technical problems with all three bikes running smoothly throughout is really positive. We have been working through everything and we know there are areas still to work on but I am really happy with how this initial shakedown has gone. We leave here with a positive feel for the new bike and we are now looking forward to the official BSB test and the opening races at Donington Park."

[Image: milwaukeeyamahahdr.jpg]
13-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply