Kiyonari set for opening test at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari set for opening test at Brands Hatch
[Image: kiyotesting1.jpg]

Three-time MCE British Superbike Champion Ryuichi Kiyonari is ready to banish his memories of Brands Hatch from last season, by kicking off his opening shakedown test of 2015 at the Kent circuit tomorrow (Friday).

Kiyonari arrived back in the UK today (Thursday) and is ready to get his pre-season preparations underway with his first test of the season at the circuit where he was denied the chance to fight for a fourth title after breaking his collarbone in free practice three at the final round. The Japanese ace has declared that he is now focused on the season ahead and getting back to winning ways.

Kiyonari said:

"I am more than happy to be back in the UK now and I am excited to get back on the bike again, maybe a bit nervous too as it has been a long time, but that is always the same after winter!

"When I was back home in Japan all I could think about was the first test and getting back with the Buildbase BMW team. I have been reading all the updates from Spain to see what everyone else has been doing because I could not wait to get started. The collarbone is fine again now after the winter and now I am thinking about the new season.

"We have some tests in the UK before Donington Park for the official test, but for me there is a big difference between testing and racing; one day or 20 days testing - it is the race that is important. I hope tomorrow we can have a good start and I am excited about the 2015 bike because the team have already done some work with it in Spain and have some information to start with, which is good. I am happy and ready to start the season now!"

[Image: buildbasehdr.jpg]
13-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Website Find Reply