Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series
Mugen Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series
(31-03-2015, 02:47 PM)Steady the Edward Wrote: Is it true that you could in theory change batteries as fast as they can fill a petrol bike with petrol Mugen ?? , I believe one of the teams said they could , I believe MotoCzysz were heading in that direction but I suspect they moved away from that. For us the answer is no because our battery is pretty well integrated into the bike and the change time is 8hrs. But yes you could in theory make a swappable battery pack, but ideally the technologies need to develop a bit more so that the pack could be reduced in volume for the same power potential.

As a side question if all personal transport was turned over to Electric propulsion at what time of night would we all have to switch everything off in the hone to allow all the vehicles to be charged up , just a thought ?  
and when all the oil has gone and we are all using these wonderfull machines what are we using to power the hgv's to deliver every thing we need to feed our selves every thing we need to build these wonder full machines to power the ships we need to ship things around the world  ?? Some how I just don't see Electricity being the answer nuclear/solar/wind/tidal/flywheel/hydrogen fuel cell are all technologies that already exist capable of driving an electric motor, and maybe just need the same level of supply/support infrastructure to be viable
But then it's only me I guess you would use the same electric motors that are already powering ships and trains and buses around the world, and have been since the 1880's. I am not particularly putting myself forward as a global ambassador for electric vehicles, we just happen to race an electric bike, but I know you enjoy a stimulating discussion Eddy Icon_biggrin

31-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Formula E vs TT Zero vs TT World Series - by Mugen - 31-03-2015, 04:25 PM