2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 launched
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 launched
[Image: nwgrouppromo.jpg]

The 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 was given a spectacular launch in Belfast’s Titanic building on Tuesday.  A host of top road racers, including John McGuinness, William and Michael Dunlop, Alastair Seeley, Peter Hickman, Dean Harrison, Lee Johnston Maria Costello, Michael Rutter, Ryan Farquhar and Jeremy McWilliams joined Event Director, Mervyn Whyte, MBE, to announce the best starting line-up of any road race in the world for May 12-16.  

“The North West 200 is delighted to have the very best road racers on the grid at our race this year.” Mr Whyte said.  “Our race partners and sponsors have been able to share our launch day with these brilliant riders and the fans of the North West had a great opportunity to chat to their favourite racers during the special Meet the Stars event in the evening.” 

Outlining the details of the eight race programme spread over Thursday evening and Saturday, Whyte revealed that there will be three new race sponsors for 2015.  With the Monster Energy Superbike race and the Spidi Leathers Superstock race already announced, Bet McLean is the latest company to provide Northern Ireland’s premier road race support with its sponsorship of the Saturday Supersport event.

“It is one of the showpiece events on the sporting calendar and hopefully the Bet McLean Supersport race will signal the start of a wonderful day’s racing.” Paul McLean, managing director, said.   “Growing up in Ballymena I can well remember the build up to the North West every year and the family’s annual pilgrimage to watch it.  

The race will also enjoy the continued support oftitle sponsors, Vauxhall Cars for a third year, Coleraine Borough Council and the Tourism Northern Ireland.

The event was given an extra boost with the announcement that Ian Hutchinson will race a MV Agusta 675cc triple for the Tsing Tao/Hampshire MV team. The 35 year old will race the Italian machine alongside his Paul Bird Motorsport ZX 10 Kawasaki Superbike and Superstock machines at Portrush.  “Paul Bird wasn’t building any 600s so I’ve looked at all the options of bikes available to me and I talked to Dave Tyson at Hampshire MV about the 675.” the two times NW200 winner explained after seeing the bike for the first time at the weekend.  “I’ve sat on the bike now and I want to wait until it is built for me to ride with the gear change on the right and the MV factory electronics so it has the same spec I will race with at the North West and TT.”

The eight race programme for the 2015 Vauxhall International North West 200 is;

Thursday evening

EventServ Supersport Race

Vauxhall Supertwin Race

Spidi Superstock Race

Saturday

Bet McLean Supersport Race

Monster Energy Superbike Race

Anchor Complex Supertwin Race

CP Hire Superstock Race

Vauxhall North West 200 Superbike Race

[Image: nw2015logo.jpg]