JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI SET FOR DONINGTON PARK AS BSB 2015 KICKS OFF!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI SET FOR DONINGTON PARK AS BSB 2015 KICKS OFF!
[Image: jgspeedfitlogo2.jpg]

Following an intensive eight days of pre-season testing, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team head to Donington Park this weekend ready to challenge for victory at the opening round of the MCE British Superbike Championship.

With a year of development on the formidable Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Superbike, the GBmoto run JG Speedfit Kawasaki team head to Donington Park this weekend to kick-start their 2015 MCE British Superbike Championship campaign. Having spent the winter tests further refining the package, duo James Ellison and James ‘Westy’ Westmoreland are now confident of being able to challenge not just for podiums from the off, but also the team’s first win in the prestigious class.

The 2.4 mile Donington Park circuit is one of the most popular circuits on the calendar and with its fast and flowing opening half mixed with the stop/start final section, it makes machine set-up vital. Despite poor weather doing its best to thwart the official test here last week, both Ellison and Westy were able to find a setting they were happy with ahead of free practice, this weekend.

Title sponsor to the team, JG Speedfit, have today launched a competition for one lucky entrant to win a brand new Kawasaki ZX-10R. The competition is open to anyone who purchases a coil of JG Layflat® Pipe between April 1st and September 30th. A further mid-season prize is up for grabs too, giving the winner a weekend break for two to attend the BSB race event in Assen, Holland, in September. For more information and to find out how to enter, visit; http://www.johnguest.com/speedfit/every-metre-counts/

After a positive pre-season test, James Ellison is ready to challenge for JG Speedfit’s first win,

“I can’t wait to get out at Donington! It’s been such a long winter waiting for a race weekend, I’m really excited to get going again. I’m feeling really confident coming into the season, testing went incredibly well and we’ve improved the bike with each outing.

Last year we struggled a bit with using the Pirelli SC1 tyre, which is what we need for the slightly cooler conditions, so we spent all our time in Spain working on that and we’ve now found a really good setting so our race pace is certainly there. We’ve improved the engine and suspension over last year too so I’m pretty confident that we can be pushing from the off and I’ll certainly be going for the team’s first win this weekend.

I love Donington Park too, it’s a real ‘riders’ circuit and always has a great atmosphere from the minute you turn up.”

Current lap record holder at Donington Park, James Westmoreland is looking forward to making his racing debut on the Kawasaki,

“This weekend is what the winter training and testing has been about and I’m ready to get going! Testing was very productive and we managed to work through a lot of things, so I’m feeling comfortable on the machine. Obviously the Kawasaki is a new machine for me, so we still have some things to try out during free practice. 

I wouldn’t say I prefer Donington more than any of the other tracks on the calendar as such, but it’s a track I seem to go well at – actually holding the current lap record! Although the weather last week wasn’t perfect, we were still able to get some good laps in and I can’t wait to get the JG Speedfit Kawasaki ZX-10R out there this weekend in hopefully better weather!”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen said,

“Testing has been very positive this year and the entire team has worked unbelievably hard to give both James Ellison and James Westmoreland bikes that are capable of winning the title. We’ve spent the entire winter refining the machines and I believe we’ve taken a big step forward from last year both on and off the track.

Last year we were able to secure three podiums in the opening round, having never raced the Kawasaki machine. We want to mount a serious title challenge this year and understand that means we have to be at the front once again, from the word go. We have some fantastic sponsors and suppliers on-board now and I want to reward them with success. It feels like we have been doing this for a very long time now without a win – it’s about time we changed that”.

MCE British Superbike Calendar 2015

4/5/6 April        - Donington Park GP (Leicestershire) 
17/18/19         - April Brands Hatch Indy (Kent) 
2/3/4 May        - Oulton Park International (Cheshire) 
19/20/21 June  - Snetterton 300 (Norfolk)
3/4/5 July        - Knockhill (Fife)
17/18/19 July   - Brands Hatch GP (Kent)
31 July - 1/2 Aug - Thruxton (Hampshire)
21/22/23 August  - Cadwell Park (Lincolnshire)
4/5/6 September  - Oulton Park International (Cheshire)
18/19/20 Sept     - TT Circuit Assen (The Netherlands)
2/3/4 October     - Silverstone GP (Northamptonshire)
16/17/18 Oct      - Brands Hatch GP (Kent)
01-04-2015, 10:57 AM
Website Find Reply