ebay
Anonymous
Unregistered

ebay
just to let you all know there is lots of stuff relating to steve hislop on ebay.

05-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ebay
I detest Scum like you and the others who have bought Hizzy's book and now selling it for as much as you can on ebay, cashing in on poor Hizzy before he is even buried.
05-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ebay leech
People like this should crawl away and fester in pain. Sad git.
05-08-2003, 06:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do people always look on the bad side when someone is trying to help? If the person who posted the original message started with condolences, and then mentioned that he regreted not purchasing Hizzys autobiography, would you have then been helpful and advised Ebay? A lot of people will now wish to aquire memorabilia and cherish it. Wether they aquire it via Ebay or MCN or Classic racer is, as far as I am concerned, of no one elses concern, apart from the seller and the purchaser. If you took it to the extreme you would now expect Duke Video to remove all the videos from their catalogue that have references to Hizzy and DJ, to stop them profiteering on their deaths. Or is that differant?
06-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is different. These people got Steven to sign their books, in a personal way probably, only days before he died. They paid the cover price, and they are making profits as high a 1000%, out of the fact he has died and others can't now get this. Even if they had waited till poor Steven was buried, it would have been less callous.
Duke Video have produced and sold records of his career throughout his life and there is no rush to capitalise on his death.A tribute video later would be a respectful recognition of people's wish to remember him.
06-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said witch,but do us all a favor, dont
talkto such low pond life .CHEERS BARNESIE.
06-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lest mere acknowledgment encourage, we should put aside our rage and restrain from repost.
Such monumental ignorance is beyond redemption.
06-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well said.
06-08-2003, 11:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

After putting forward a reasonable argument regarding the subject, I take great exception to being refered to as POND LIFE. I am a mature engineer who gives up two weeks of his holiday allocation every year to marshal at the TT, I also marshals at all the other meetings that you spectate at. I have personally spoken to steve on many occassions and would class myself as an aquantance, but not close enough to be a friend. Obviously if people are not allowed to have an opinion I cannot see the point in contributing in the future.I will leave participation to the same old half dozen who post the same old stuff about meeting each other, when they could have phone the person concerned.

Goodbye

07-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come on Bob. As you say all entitled to their opinion and all that. No I wouldnt agree with the 'pond life' comment, but not everyone would agree with everything posted on this site.
I hope you reconsider, without marshalls where would the sport be.Be a marshall thats peed off with someone dont just throw the towel in.
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bob please check your email.
08-08-2003, 10:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the resonse. My response related to stopping joining in with the discussions, NOT stopping marshalling, dont worry I will still be turning out. In fact I will be at Oulton this weekend.
BOB
08-08-2003, 11:19 AM