Oulton Park remembers Steve Hislop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oulton Park remembers Steve Hislop
Hi all, returned this afternoon from our two weeks hols which was to have finnished with us cheering on Steve at Oulton Park. Sadly this was not to be, however i would just like to thank the organisors, racers,Fred Clark, and fans especially, for a very emotional but fitting tribute to Steve Hislop. Oulton was a circuit that i just loved watching him race at and it was kind of appropriate that it should be the circuit that celebrated his life so shortly after his death. I have never seen so many scottish flags and banners flying around the circuit and many flags flying at half mast at the marshalls stations. Very fitting for an ambassador that our sport will never see the likes of again. So thanks everyone it made me very proud to be scottish and more so, a fan of the great man himself.
Stella.
12-08-2003, 12:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Oulton Park remembers Steve Hislop
Stella, Totally agree with you, brought a lump to my throat when I saw the Norton in the paddock. Just wish some people had shown more respect in the minutes silence, talking and blowing them bxxxy air horns. A fitting tribute to a great rider.
12-08-2003, 09:08 AM