BE FAIR----------READ AGAIN
Anonymous
Unregistered

BE FAIR----------READ AGAIN
I have dug out last weeks MCN with which I have not lined Pollys cage, but stored, as part of the overwhelming amount of information on Steve 30/7, and I must say that Adam Duckworth was actually commenting on the e-bay lot who were trying to make a quick buck following Steve death...

He categorically, without any doubt, mentions e-bay and in that circumstance I feel I must ask all of you out there to calm down and read Adams piece again.................

It is not directed at Jim, or Rod etc. Now that I have read it again I feel Adam appears as distraught as the rest of us..

We do not always agree with the Sporting Papers but it is a shame that we get reactions to a tiny single paragraph in what is a truly moving column written by Adam..

There has been much written about Steve, it all shows appreciation for a life, albeit short, of a man who was not only exceptional at the sport in which he was involved but also a fansman who was never aloof or unapproachable.

We involve ourselves in a sport which has the highest of highs, unfortunately "balanced" with lowest of lows..

Would we give it all up ??

Let's all stick together for heavens sake----------------
13-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BE FAIR----------READ AGAIN
If apology's are due, I make mine.
13-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was still treated in a sensationalist manner...distressing picture of Margaret, details of accident, more information than I wanted to read.
Read the Herald (Glasgow) Scotsman, inside article in the Southern Reporter (pity about the cover).
By looking through Google, I have found tributes to steven all over the world...China, france, Holland, in car magazines etc etc.
I look forward to many new pictures of Steven painted by those who loved and remember him, and record that by their work.
13-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This week, we have "Mike Hailwood jackets" advertised in the MCN...................................

Is this any different from Jim doing his excellent pictures ????

We need to be reminded of what has gone before...

In the TT2003 programme it looked as though there were no races before the 1960s !!!

15-08-2003, 11:44 AM