GBMOTO RACING KAWASAKI HEAD TO THE NORTH WEST 200 AS THEY PREPARE TO MAKE ROADS DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GBMOTO RACING KAWASAKI HEAD TO THE NORTH WEST 200 AS THEY PREPARE TO MAKE ROADS DEBUT
[Image: gbmotoroadshdr.jpg]

Following a host of factory parts arriving for the Ninja ZX-10R Superbike and Superstock machines, the GBmoto Racing Kawasaki team and Gary Johnson head to the iconic North West 200 to make their Roads debut  

With a successful eight days of testing under their belts, where the GBmoto Racing Kawasaki team were joined by Kawasaki Racing Engineer Ichiro Yoda, they now head to the super-fast North West 200 circuit to make their Road Racing debut.  

Focusing on the stability and engine performance of both the Superbike and Superstock version of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R during testing, the team have received both factory bodywork and engine upgrades for the Superbike, along with a number of special parts and upgraded Öhlins suspension since the final test to bring the machine up to its final specification.

The opening practice session for the Vauxhall International North West 200 gets underway on Tuesday 12th May, with the first race happening Thursday 14th.

[Image: Gary-Johnson-testing-the-Kawasaki-ZX-10R-in--Spain.jpg]

Excited to ride the GBmoto Racing Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Superbike and Superstock at the North West 200, Gary Johnson said,

“The North West 200 is an incredible event so I’m really excited to be making my debut on the GBmoto Racing Kawasaki there next week. 

Although the Kawasaki ZX-10R is not a new bike to myself or the team, it’s the first time I’m racing the Superbike version and the first time GBmoto have built one for the roads. We’ve had a really good test schedule this year and every time we’ve gone out we’ve improved, so I’m really looking forward to trying the final specification Superbike during practice.  

Obviously all our testing has been on short circuits so we will certainly have to do a bit work and try a few things out during the opening sessions, but the GBmoto team know what they’re doing and I’m confident we’ll be up there and capable of challenging for some good results!”  

GBmoto Racing Crew Chief, Roger Smith commented,

“Testing will never allow us to truly replicate the conditions we’ll experience at the North West, TT or Ulster, but I’m confident that with the schedule we’ve had already, and the effort put in by the team, that both bikes will be more than capable of running at the front. 

We have put in an incredible effort over the winter to build the Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike and Superstock machines we’ll use ‘between the hedges’ and even since our last test a week ago, we have been busy fitting a host of upgrades and factory parts that will see the Superbike take another step forward.  

Road Racing might be a new challenge for GBmoto, but we’ve approached it with our usual methodical mentality and I see no reason why we won’t be able to replicate our success in Superbikes on the roads.”

04-05-2015, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply
gixxertim Offline

Threads: 3
RE: GBMOTO RACING KAWASAKI HEAD TO THE NORTH WEST 200 AS THEY PREPARE TO MAKE ROADS DEBUT
Good news & sounds like an exiting bike 👍
04-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Find Reply