Jack Gow!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jack Gow!
7 years tomorrow morning folks! (19/08/1996), How time goes by! He was one of the fastest men i Ever had the pleasure to know! Regards John Leech
18-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Jack Gow!
Still miss him. His wry wit was always entertaining, and his riding was a pleasure to watch. 21 years since we lost Jock, and 41 Bob Mac this past weekend too.
18-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I was at Oulton when the Grim Reaper thrust the Black Flag at Bob. It was long, sad 200 mile journey home south, in pouring rain afterwards on my trusty 1946 Triumph only to find that my mum had locked me out of the house. I took refuge in the garage to sleep in damp clothes.
18-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which bike was he riding at the moment of the MGP practice fatl accident?

Thanks,

Marco
18-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A Manx Norton! Think it was the 500? not 100% sure! Anyone?
18-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fast as F*** was Jack; I remember seeing him bashing his Norton Commando fairing with Tony Rutter's semi-works Ducati's bodywork at Beveridge Park, Kircaldy during a National round of The Battle of The Twins when duelling for the lead...........Tony asked after this races' many such incidents; " Who is that @%^*NG nutter, he is fast as F***!!" The full BOT circus was present, packed with talent who all wondered what the HELL they were doing at Beveridge, a sort of IOM TT without the safe walls, and much narrower road between much bigger trees!

Jack used all of the road at Beveridge park, all of it wickedly cambered to a crown in the middle, including the slate-lined gutters to get maximum time gains around the tree-lined venue. It was a great thing to see, he made it look so easy!

RIP Jack, sadly missed.
27-08-2003, 01:09 AM