Interesting!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting!
Just came acroos a very old race programme! Oulton Park 1962 (October) Bob Mac rememberance! Lots of interesting reading! But can anyone tell me? the list of entrant has a D Gallagher> Can this be the Dennis Gallagher That we all know?
And i also found it amazing that in some races there were 3 or 4 heats! Where are all these bikes now? What a sight/sound/smell!!!! Bring back memories Larry??? Lol, if this programme would be of any use to anyone let me know! Some of the race results have been filled in and winners on day were such like Hailwood/ Minter etc! Regards John
19-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Interesting!
250 Velocette John?

Yep - that's our Denis!!

Just as good now as he was then . . . . .

I have April & August programmes from 1962, but not October. That would fill a gap in my archives, so if you don't want it . . . .
20-08-2003, 12:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beat me to it, Larry. Yes, that's our Dennis. I reckon he started racing in 1954? Watching him at the new Hannah's Corner at East Fortune is a joy only surpassed by watching him at the Esses. The most stylish and underrated rider ever. Dennis, of course, is far too modest to allow any acknowledgement of these things. A true star.
20-08-2003, 06:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry im sure it would be of more use to you! Drop me an Email with details,or get my number from Helen! Hope that is ok Cheers John
20-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

How amazing!
During my recent house move, I found my copy of the same program!
Memories...
Epic journey pillion on a jampot 500 Ajay!
Broke down at tamworth on the way back..
Tried to kip in the Police station but they wouldnt have it!

Memories indeed...
Mike
20-08-2003, 02:28 PM