BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM
Anonymous
Unregistered

BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM
Well, thank you ALL for a pile of e-mails carrying viruses which have come in last night and this morning all carrying the same message..

Nick Jefferies and others beware, you are transmitting something which my virus checker does not like AT ALL..

Please let me know Mr Foster if you also sent me it on purpose and also all you other good people !!

Thank the Lord I have managed to quarantine all of them but it is obvious that there is a major virus/worm problem.
21-08-2003, 10:35 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM (2)
I now have everybody's e-mail addresses which have filled my INBOX this morning-----All originating from the ISLE OF MAN base---

"Manx GP report" is carrying a major virus/worm which has splashed all journalists e-mails from all over the place and I am having a real job eliminating the cause..

DO NOT OPEN THE .PIF !!!!!!!
OR THE ATTACHMENTS !!!

AND RE-RUN your virus checkers---THIS IS BAD !!
21-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM (2)
I just recieved another 8 e mails all containing virus with attachements from regular posters on this site and RRR.This is after 12 last night and probably unknown to the people that they are meant to have come from.Please all be aware and update your anti virus.
Stella.
21-08-2003, 12:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM (3)
DANGEROUS E-MAILS

1/"THAT MOVIE"
2/"RETURNED MAIL"
3/"Re:APPROVED"
4/"Re Re :MY DETAILS"

Anybody found or received any others ???

DODGY !!!
21-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

144 emails in yesterday - all but 2 were iffy. Get those firewalls in place folks, we're being invaded!
21-08-2003, 05:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just had another 10 !!! whats going on ? never had probs like this before yesterday apart from the odd one or two.
21-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have recieved loads of dodgy email's with attachments but of course i just delete them, one came from the post office?
21-08-2003, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guess some people have managed to miss the announcements about these, take a peek here ...

<A HREF="http://www.jrwhipple.com/blast.html">http://www.jrwhipple.com/blast.html</A>
21-08-2003, 06:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't know about the current virus but the one which hit a couple of weeks ago was only affecting Windows 2000 and XP. I'm assuming this is the case with the current one. Is anyone out there currently on 95, 98 or ME having problems?
21-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: BEWARE--VIRUS/WORM (4)
See the papers this morning---Virus is a NASTY one which could affect/afflict up to one in six computers,,

It is the "SOBIG" so bigcareful......

My inbox was full to bursting point last night and I am almost SCARED to open it this morning.

However I have some rare e-mail addresses from all over the world-----Anybody want to buy George Clooneys ??----------
22-08-2003, 08:15 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

AH---No unusual e-mails this morning---Anybody else have a similar report today ??
22-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, I arrived back last night to a mailbox bursting at the seams. I have spent the best part of two hours deleting over 650 emails, all with this latest virus. Thank goodness I have an up to date firewall and anti virus programme installed.

Like you I have collected some great email addresses from it all though.
22-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bet you ain't got DREW BARRYMORE !!!!
22-08-2003, 04:23 PM