Heysham parking
frex Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Heysham parking
Mrs frex, myself and the latest addition to the family will be over for a day for the Southern this year as foot passengers. 
Could someone tell me if we're likely to get a parking space at the port car park on the Wednesday night, or if not, what other options there are nearby. 
Not had to park at Heysham for quite a few years.
29-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Find Reply
Stav Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Heysham parking
Been ok for S100 parking the last 2 years.

They buy things they do not need,

With money they do not have,

To impress people they do not like....
29-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 364
(29-05-2015, 06:29 PM)frex Wrote: Mrs frex, myself and the latest addition to the family will be over for a day for the Southern this year as foot passengers. 
Could someone tell me if we're likely to get a parking space at the port car park on the Wednesday night, or if not, what other options there are nearby. 
Not had to park at Heysham for quite a few years.

I don't think there will be a problem then, if so you may be able to park in the car park of the Duke of Rothesay (subject to a bit of sweet talking and a charitable donation!). Or, best bet to park on the A589 (heysham road) near Tesco and taxi in.
There is a council car park in the village, but I wouldn't park my car there overnight, I feel it would be safer on a main road visible by all and sundry!
29-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Website Find Reply
frex Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Cheers Stav and Captain.
Never had a problem parking in the past, but not been for a few years so wasn't sure.
Think we will probably just go a bit early in case we can't get a space and need to find somewhere else. Hopefully, we will get a space at the port and then a bit of time for a pint or 2.
29-05-2015, 08:41 PM
Find Reply