Remembering larger than life tt fans ?
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Remembering larger than life tt fans ?
Tuono, you are referring to Gwen Crellin MBE, "The White lady of Ballaugh". I should know a lot more about her as I called for a cuppa on a number of occasions. I think she lived to well past 90, and marshalled faithfully and loyally at EVERY MGP and TT practice and race for over 50 years, wearing a white jacket, and waving to EVERY rider who raced past her. One of many quite remarkable characters who have given, (and are giving) so much to the races that we love.
But Gwen was on the next level, organising fund raising for all the charities that tie into the races, such as the Rob Vine , MGP Helicopter, and Phil Hogg Funds.
Her total unselfishness earned her the MBE, and she never slowed up in her untiring efforts to raise money.
Bless her, she'll have been gone now for maybe 8-10 years, but never forgotten by those racers who acknowledged her wave, with a small gesture back.
Many riders from Ago to Mick Grant called in on Gwen over the years, simply marvelling at her absolute enthusiasm for racing.
There aren't many Gwens around.
02-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remembering larger than life tt fans ? - by Splashdown - 02-06-2015, 12:58 AM