Roby Rolfo on the Island for his summer break
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roby Rolfo on the Island for his summer break
So, one of the GP brigade has been on The Island to watch the Manx and is singing it's praises by all accounts. Perhaps the Minister of Fun can make something out of this that would be positive and help further promote not only the Manx but also the TT.

Roby is quoted as having said "I will be on the Isle of Man, in between England and Ireland, a place that I like really much. I should be able to relax there, because it always seems to be very quiet and peaceful. Anyway, I'll be living a lot of emotions this week for the Manx Grand Prix, a great race which takes place on the famous TT Course, where about 200 people will do battle amongst walls and hedges. It's fantastic action, and they ride at the limit throughout, at around 200 km/h average and 300 km/h top speed!! Incredible!"

It's a start, so why can't something be done to entice others across for some positive publicity for a change.
26-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Roby Rolfo on the Island for his summer break
Roby was well in thick of the action on Monday, he completed a guided lap between the races on a bike borrowed from Padgetts, came back racing about. He was in the Island in July and went for a lap with Jack Wood, former Clerk of the Course. Roby had been studying the TT videos, he knew exactly where each part was on the circuit.
At the start of the Senior Classic race he was well photographed sitting astride Nick Jefferies Manx. I will see him tomorrow and pass him a few TT books, it would be great to see him do a lap at the TT, I am sure he would be up for it!
26-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

He was so closely hemmed in by the two Travelling Marshals between Gorse Lea and Ballagarraghyn I though they had him on a lead rein. Perhaps they were trying to rub shoulders with him.
26-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anybody got a photo ?
27-08-2003, 09:06 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

No not on file, but if you click the link below you will see plenty of him on his own website.

Roby Rolfo Site
27-08-2003, 09:47 AM