It is about time.
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is about time.
Just spent a magic two weeks at the MGP and met many real people. Once more I felt complete admiration for the marshals. A big off at the Bungalow was handled perfectly with instantly relayed yellow flags. The helicopter was there in 5 minutes, and the whole organisation was flawless.
I was gratified to see that the marshals are at last responding to the Jefferies incident - it is about time that these selfless people stood up for themselves. The mountain course is a dangerous place and we all accept that, litigation has no place there; if you do not want to accept the risks then the throttle works both ways. To slander these good people is an utter disgrace. Without the marshals there would be no MGP or TT. The highly paid stars certainly risk their lives and every enthusiast recognises this, but when things go wrong it is not a time to bit the hand that feeds you and destroy the sport that gave you a living. Thank you Nick Jefferies for your comments they were most apt and appreciated.

06-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: It is about time.
Unfortunately I had the pleasure of tasting the tarmac at the Bungalow in Wednesdays
Junior, fortunately without any real injury. The marshals and medics were fantastic.
From the moment I came to a stand still to been pick up by my crew their
professionalism and hospitality was amazing and I wish to thank them all. It was the
first time (and hopefully the last)I have had to test their skills and whilst the first
reaction of any racer is to jump up as soon as possible (if you can and sometimes if
you can't) I found I was not even given a chance. The marshals and medic were on me
instantly and kept me on the floor until I could convince them I really was allright. At
the disorientated adrenaline filled moment this seem odd but looking back I am really
impressed with their attitude and how much they actually seem to care about you.
Once again thanks to all the organisers, marshals and medics for your time and effort
that allows us fools to have 2 fantastic weeks.
06-09-2003, 06:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: It is about time.
Well said Don, with over fifty starts and God knows how many practice laps in twenty years of racing on the island meant I saw many big "incidents", sadly some of them to close for comfort and others with tragic results.

Never could I ever fault the Marshalls who none of us could race without and there would be no T.T. Manx or Southern Hundred, my thanks and gratitude to everyone of them.

06-09-2003, 09:50 PM