NO RESPECT. SAD B******S
Anonymous
Unregistered

NO RESPECT. SAD B******S
I parked up opposite Joey's Memorial Garden this morning to meet up with some Ballymoney Classic Car Club members for a run to a meeting at Garvagh, had a walk over the road with dog to sit on one of the benches and enjoy the sun while I was waiting.

A bit dissapointed to have to walk around picking up 8 items of rubbish, drink cans, polystyrene burger boxes and other litter, obviously from last night, would not be so bad but there are nice black and gold cast iron litter bins next to the benches, pretty pathetic really.

Otherwise everyone will be happy to know it is brilliantly cared for with a great array of plants/flowers and looking fantastic.
06-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: NO RESPECT. SAD B******S
I visited the Joey statue at the Bungalow during the MGP for the first time and am happy to report no rubbish and there were fresh flowers there each time.
I was mildly critical of the likeness when I first saw the photos of the unveiling, but to actually visit the area and to see the way it is sited is very impressive.
Joey is looking toward Hailwood's Rise and beyond to the finish - it hard not to feel sad.
07-09-2003, 05:07 AM