Kiyonari: I cannot make any more silly mistakes
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyonari: I cannot make any more silly mistakes
[Image: kiyosaluteswin.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari admits he cannot afford to make mistakes as the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship arrives in Scotland next weekend (3/4/5 July), knowing that he needs to score a podium finish to catapult him back into Showdown contention.

Kiyonari has scored a best result of fourth place this season, but knows that he needs to be back on the podium for the Buildbase BMW team to close the deficit in the overall standings and move closer to the top six.

Knockhill was the scene of Kiyonari's first victory last season and he is determined to turn his season around and is aiming for a repeat of his 2014 win.

Kiyonari said: "The last four rounds have been very tough, but we need to change this at Knockhill. At Snetterton my shoulder was still a little sore, but it wasn't a problem, I think this was also because we hadn't ridden since Oulton Park and it was my first time back on the bike. The weekend started ok but then qualifying - I couldn't believe it. We were so unlucky and then we had some problems in warm up that came back in the race.

"In the second race I had another bad grid position and then was far down, so I was trying hard to get through and then I lost the front and before that it hadn't been a problem. I don't know why but we need that to be the last crash!

"I have good memories from Knockhill last year, it was unbelievable and I hope for the same again - or better! I have been to the workshop last week and we have looked at the data and come up with an idea for next weekend. We know we have to improve and have to push hard at Knockhill now because we need the points for the championship. I cannot make any more silly mistakes and I think if we have a good weekend then we can win the race again. Everyone is working hard and so we will be doing everything to be on the podium again - it's been too long!"

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
29-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Website Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Kiyonari: I cannot make any more silly mistakes
Any one would think the lad was a Yorkshire man All or Nowt , he is either on it and damned hard to beat of he is no where , a nice guy but so unpredictable

29-06-2015, 11:38 PM
Find Reply