Replying to Posts
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Replying to Posts
I think sometimes part of the problem Malcolm can be when people are using different devices , like if I try and answer a post using the red reply button on my phone  the text just goes in to the box that the person I am replying to posted , it does not as it does on my laptop show the white box with the quote in it with space under that white box to put your answer in , so that when you click the post tab when it is put up it just looks like the quote with nothing after it , , don't think I am explaining my self very well here but I know what I mean even if I didn't say what I meant ,

your's confused Old Luddite from Yorkshire lol

Eddie, Your phone is phone and not a Laptop or a PC and don't expect it to perform like either of those devices as so many people expect them to.

The software that is used in mobile devices (In particular Apple phones and Tablets), are not fully compatible with the general software used for full blown websites, hence why there are Mobile versions of websites around.

Mobile versions of websites do not have all of the functions that a full blown website has and basically they are stripped down basic versions of the full blown website.

I have no end of trouble with people who try to sign up to this website who in the main are using Apple iPhones and/or Tablets etc and they cannot complete the process because their software is not fully compatible with the software used on this website (and most others).

Again, iPhones are phones and not Laptops or PC's so don't expect them to function like one.

I sometimes use a Samsung Tablet and a Blackberry Z10 smartphone and both of them generally work ok, but not fully with the website.

Malcolm
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2015, 04:04 PM by Malcolm.)
01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Replying to Posts - by Malcolm - 01-07-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Malcolm - 01-07-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Splashdown - 01-07-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by AndyL - 01-07-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Steady the Edward - 01-07-2015, 02:09 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by AndyL - 01-07-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Replying to Posts - by Malcolm - 01-07-2015, 03:50 PM