Laverty: Top five but wanting more at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty: Top five but wanting more at Knockhill
[Image: laveretyatknockhill1.jpg]

Michael Laverty fired himself into the top five during yesterday's opening MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship free practice sessions at Knockhill, but the Tyco BMW rider admits that he wants more than that in tomorrow's (Sunday) two races.

Laverty has been chasing his first podium finish of the season, with fourth places to his credit so far this season with Tyco BMW and after setting a pace within the top five yesterday is bidding for more in his quest for a Showdown position.  

Laverty said:

"I was reasonably happy with how the weekend started yesterday and we still have room for improvement but the changing conditions will hurt us. I think though we have a good setting to battle for the podium, it might not be for the win just yet, but anything can still happen and as a team we are working really hard to make it happen.

"We are making steps forward all the time with everything and some of the circuits have been tougher than others, but here at Knockhill the BMW is strong out of the tight corners and that's particularly important here with the Hairpin before the finish line.

"It has been interesting getting to grips this season with the BMW and Knockhill has in the past been a good circuit for me so I am hoping we can keep moving closer to the front this weekend. Myself and Tommy (Bridewell) are about equal at the moment and it is good for me to be in the top five but we definitely want more than that."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
04-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply