Charterhall, Gask and Siloth programmes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Charterhall, Gask and Siloth programmes
I got some nice photos for the book from Stan Noble; him and Nebby Dalgleish, Dave McBain and Brian Taylor racing at Charterhall, Gask and Siloth. Great shots from the sixties but undated. Can anyone help with a look at old programmes from those meetings?
Or, I can supply the riders numbers ect. for anyone willing to do a bit of detective work!
Stan is in fine singing voice in the pubs in Windermere, but what of the others mentioned. Anyone?
16-09-2003, 07:57 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Charterhall, Gask and Siloth programmes
Leave me out on this one Jake!!!!!!!!!
16-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

And i`m too young !!! well almost.....
Stella
16-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have this evening been looking at some super old photos,some taken at Charterhall,belonging to Pat Wise,one time passenger to Eric Oliver.Pat is a good friend of ours,and lives just a short ride away.Many of the photos were of Pat riding solos as well as passengering.She had an almighty get-off at Brands once,round Druids,when the outfit she was in crashed,and she was knocked out.She also has a photo of herself with Beryl Swain,the first lady to ride solo in the TT.Pat is a mine of information about the early sixties,and we told her she ought to write a book about some of the antics racers used to get up to
16-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just off the 'phone from Stan Noble and he tells me that Brian Taylor went "off to Foula", which is not some quaint Windermere expression but an Island in the Outer Islands of the Shetlands. There seems to be but one town/village/settlement there, Ham by name, so he'll not be hard to find (??)Any 'Hamsters' on line? No, I suppose not!
And Larry, you're not off the hook here either! Message en route.
16-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Brian Taylor found! Now for the others, all Scots riders, Dave McBain, Nebby Dalgleish, JRM Newbigging.........
Come on folks, lend a hand?
17-09-2003, 11:12 PM