O’Halloran set for surgery after Thruxton crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
O’Halloran set for surgery after Thruxton crash
[Image: ohalloranthruxton.jpg]

Australian Jason O'Halloran is scheduled to undergo surgery later this afternoon following his crash in yesterday's Datatag Qualifying session at Thruxton.

The Honda Racing rider sustained a broken right femur and two broken bones in his left hand after a crash at Nobles, which is scheduled to be plated this afternoon as he begins his road to recovery.

O'Halloran said:

"I am not feeling too bad this morning and now I just have to wait for my operation when they are inserting a rod and plates into my leg and also will make the decision whether to plate my hand too as I have broken two bones in my left hand.

"The femur is broken in three places so I know that the Showdown has gone now because we will need to repair before coming back, which is really disappointing as myself and the Honda team have had a really good season and we have been building momentum through our hard work.

"The weekend had been going a bit up and down at Thruxton, but in the first part of qualifying I felt pretty good and thought that we had made a step forward in the right direction which would have put us a bit closer. It's tough, but I am hoping that I can be at least up on my feet on crutches in a few days and then we can work towards getting fit and ready to come back. I also just want to thank everyone for their support and messages since yesterday."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
02-08-2015, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply